Wavendon Gate School


Pupil Premium

Pupil Premium is government funding which schools can apply for to support particular individual children with their education. Wavendon Gate School can apply for up to £1320 per eligible child as long as the pupil is entitled to Free School Meals (FSM) now or within the last six years. We must spend this funding on that child.


Our aim is to fully maximise this opportunity and make sure each eligible child has this extra funding, which is then used to make a difference to their progress. The school has decided that it would be best to support the child from two angles; academic support and social support. We will do this by investing the majority of the pupil premium into direct learning support such as one to one or small group tutoring. However we understand that children could also benefit from support with non teaching activities such as help with uniform costs, breakfast clubs and school trips. Therefore, parents may choose how best to spend a portion of the funding. For example some parents would like to spend some on music lessons whilst others may prefer to use it for uniform and school shoes. Let us reassure you that all this is treated confidentially in school.


Do you claim one of these benefits?

  • Income support
  • Employment & Support Allowance—Income related only
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (Not Contribution Based JSA)
  • Child Tax Credit only (with a combined family income of less than £16,190 per annum as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs)
  • National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS)
  • Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit.

Please note anyone receiving Working Tax Credits, regardless of Income, will NOT qualify for Pupil Premium.


If so, you could be entitled to some additional support which we can use with you to help your child to do their best at school. 


Please click on the Milton Keynes Application Portal below to apply.

Once your application has been approved the council will send a code and confirmation of what you are eligible for. Please print a copy of this and bring it to the Admin Centre, so we can update our records and put in place arrangements for your child.